Introduction to Applied Vibration Analysis – ISO Category I – Live Online
Live Online Course: January 18 - March 10, 2022
Day & Time: Tuesday & Thursday, 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
This 32-hour online vibration analysis engineering course has two, 2-hour sessions per week for 8 weeks. These are live interactive online courses with continual interaction between instructor, student, and group (not recorded video-based).
All sessions will be recorded so that students may make up missed live sessions with the recorded version.
In our Introduction to Vibration Analysis IOS Category I Course, students will learn how to establish a vibration condition monitoring program as well as begin to understand the fundamentals of vibration signature analysis. This class is intended for maintenance technicians and engineers who want an introductory course in condition monitoring using vibration analysis.
The course follows Category I Guidelines established by ISO 18436-2, “Condition monitoring and diagnostics of the machine – Requirements for training and certification of personnel – Part 2: Vibration condition monitoring and diagnostics.”
Introduction to Applied Vibration Analysis Course Online Objectives:
- Understand vibration frequency and amplitude
- Understand vibration units of measure and signal detection
- Read basic FFT spectra in linear, log, and decibel scales
- Recognize various vibration sensors, mounting methods, and instrumentation
- Compare overall or single value vibration measurements against pre-established alert settings
- Understand the application of basic FFT signature analysis
- Become familiar with general machine theory and basic maintenance action for pumps, fans, compressors, gearboxes, machine tools, structures and piping, mills, rolls.
Optional Category l - ISO Certification Exams
**ISO Accredited Certification through the Vibration Institute requires 32 hours of formal training or independent study, six months experience, and examination. This Category l exam is an additional $300 and students will need to take the test locally with an arranged proctor (Red Wolf Reliability can help arrange this). Please note the ISO exam application and approval from the Vibration Institute must be completed 20 days prior to the exam date.
Continuing Education Credit Hours: 32 Hours