Modal Analysis (or Modal Testing) is the process of testing machine components or structures in order to obtain an understanding of their natural vibration behavior.
Modal testing can be used to:
- Solve resonance problems
- Provide a model for force prediction
- Improve machine performance
- Provide data for FEA model validation
- Design for dynamics
- Predict forces
A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
Red Wolf Reliability works with the leader in Modal Analysis software, ME'scope VES by Vibrant Technology. We'll gather your data quickly and with minimal disruption. It's then processed and imported into ME'scope. Finally, we run the analysis to determine your Mode Shapes and/or Operating Deflection Shapes. ME'scope animates and displays this information in a visual format that aids in understanding the machined behavior. A picture is truly worth a thousand words.
Modal Analysis plus FEA: Powerful tools for redesign
Our Modal Analysis and Finite Element Analysis capabilities give us the power to take the guesswork out of redesign.
Modal Analysis field data is taken with our multi-channel data acquisition equipment.
- This data is used to generate a set of Frequency Response Functions and a modal animation.
- A Finite Element model is built. The results of the FEA simulation are correlated with the field data.
- Different redesign configurations are then evaluated with the correlated Finite Element model.
- The result is a redesign solution that can be implemented with high confidence in its success.
To learn more about our modal analysis services and to set up a no obligation consultation, contact our sales team